Do people read anymore?

Do people read anymore?

Its been a while since I visited this blog that I've created years ago. I was an avid reader of different blogs and until now I still follow these blogs. Since it is the holidays, I decided to catch up on some reading from the bloggers that I've followed and it is too sad to know that not all of them are updating their blogs anymore. They don't write anymore and I just miss reading their stories and ideas that inspired me ages ago to create my own blog.

My love for the written words has always been there. I believe that writing is the purest form of expression rather than speaking naturally because when you write, you reflect deeply on the thoughts that you want to express. It is for me, the sincerest and the most beautiful among the rest. It is a personal preference only. Spoken words are good too but in my personal opinion, this is what I prefer.

I guess the blogging sphere is now in the limelight due to the preference of people over vlogging. It is faster I guess to gain information by listening than reading. However, it also makes me wary that people are now becoming more and more reluctant to open a book. Everything is now digital, youtube is now the number one platform for learning rather than reading. I have nothing against youtube, in fact, I am also guilty of this one but, I've always tried to open a book on every occasion that I can because books are still the number one platform which I've always loved to gain learning from.

I am hoping that someday, people will pay more attention to reading books. I hope schools will incorporate more readings about literature which would make students love life. Literature has a way to make us realize the bigger things in life and makes us more rational on whatever of our life there is. Every story contains lessons and ideas which would contribute to how we will handle life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silent Truths 6

Unbecoming

Silent Truths 3